Glen presented on private property rights and claiming compensation at a Planning Law & Practice in WA seminar arranged by Legalwise, held on 14 June 2022.
He provided an overview of takings and compensation, including:
- the procedure for taking land under the Land Administration Act 1997 (WA) (LA Act);
- principles for valuing land taken under the LA Act;
- the concept of injurious affection under the Planning and Development Act 2005 (WA);
- complications in assessing the value of injuriously affected land and the restrictions on who can claim compensation for injurious affection following the Western Australian Planning Commission v Southregal Pty Ltd (2017) 259 CLR 106 decision;
- a lessee’s entitlement to claim compensation for a taking under the LA Act; and
- a case study on compensation for infrastructure projects.
If you have a question about the above topics, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.