JESS HAMDORF LAWYER (LLB, BA)
IN THE OFFICE Jess is a lawyer with comprehensive legal skills. She has assisted clients in appealing subdivision and development application refusals in the State Administrative Tribunal, appealing prosecution notices in the Magistrates Court and has assisted her colleagues and counsel with litigation in the Supreme Court. Jess also assists in a range of other matters including matters relating to public and private nuisance, landlord and tenancy disputes, applications for clearing permits, developer contribution plans and drafting and advising on a range of commercial contracts. She has a strong understanding of the relevant legislative and policy frameworks that relate to clients’ legal disputes.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE Jess enjoys travelling, spending time at the beach and heading back to Dunsborough in the South West, where she grew up.
RECENT OUTCOMES FOR CLIENTS
Jess has recently helped clients achieve the following outcomes:
- contesting and deleting an invalid condition of development approval by applying to the State Administrative Tribunal for review under the Planning and Development Act 2005 (WA);
- obtaining a clearing permit under the Environmental Protection Act 1986 (WA);
- drafting and negotiating enforceable and workable sponsorship agreements;
- drafting and amending constitutions of associations to be consistent with the requirements of the Associations Incorporations Act 2015 (WA);
- developing a strategy to approach a claim under the Aboriginal Heritage Act 1972 (WA) which impacts future development rights;
- recovering the reasonable costs of providing a road from an adjacent subdivider under the Planning and Development Act 2005 (WA); and
- negotiating with local governments over Developer Contributions required by developers in Development Contribution Areas.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Australia, 2015
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science and International Relations) University of Western Australia, 2015
- Exchange student (Humans Rights Law, International Law and European Union Law) University of Notre Dame America, 2011
- Supreme Court of Western Australia, 2016
- Committee Member of National Environmental Law Association WA
- Member of the Law Society of Western Australia
- Women Lawyers Association of WA