CONNOR FISHER LAWYER (LLB, BA)
IN THE OFFICE Connor is an environment and planning lawyer with skills in a broad range of areas. He has helped clients obtain effective outcomes in litigious matters in arbitration proceedings, in the State Administrative Tribunal, the Magistrates Court and the Supreme Court. Connor is constantly developing his understanding of the planning and environment policies and frameworks that affect clients in land use and development proposals in Western Australia. He works collaboratively with other professionals including town planners, engineers, environmental consultants and land valuation experts.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE Connor enjoys going to the cinema and reading history.
RECENT OUTCOMES FOR CLIENTS
Connor has recently helped clients achieve the following outcomes:
- avoiding criminal prosecution under the Environmental Protection Act 1986 (WA) through careful communication and information management during the investigation period;
- defending charges of unauthorised clearing of native vegetation under the Environmental Protection Act 1986 (WA) and taking of rare flora under the Wildlife Conservation Act 1950 (WA);
- challenging and revoking a Vegetation Conservation Notice issued under the Environmental Protection Act 1986 (WA);
- removing an onerous financial penalty and reducing the replanting requirements of a Remediation Determination issued under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (Cth);
- appealing an award of compensation for the reservation of land for a public purpose;
- providing advice on the transfer of liability and responsibility for remediation of contaminated sites;
- challenging the requirements of a Prevention Notice issued under the Environmental Protection Act 1986 (WA);
- providing clarification on the disclosure obligations of a public authority under freedom of information legislation;
- negotiating an agreement with a local government regarding the responsibility for the repair and maintenance of infrastructure.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Australia, 2015
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science and International Relations), University of Western Australia, 2015
- Western Australia, 2016
- Member of the Law Society of Western Australia
- Member of the National Environmental Law Association