The relationship between planning and environmental law and policy was reflected on in a paper delivered by Glen on 18 September 2014 at a Local Government Planners’ Association (WA) breakfast. He reviewed the development of environmental law over the last thirty years or so, with a particular emphasis on local government. That period covers most of his 38 year career in the law, which started with a two and a half year stint in local government.
The subject was covered under six headings, as follows:
- Loss of Innocence.
- Land Use Conflicts and Buffers.
- Ecologically Sustainable Development.
- Implementation of Sustainable Development in the Planning System.
- Specific Scheme Provisions Relating to the Environment.
- Conclusion - where this takes us for the future.
To read the full article, click here.